View high resolution
Over the past few weeks I have been experimenting with new methods of securing my photographs onto driftwood. After some blood, sweat, and tears I have found a way that I’m eager to share.
In wanting to maintain the organic look of a photo applied to driftwood while ensuring the quality of the photo for a lifetime I am now framing the pictures into the driftwood using plexiglass. I believe the plexiglass not only promotes the longevity of the photographs but adds a new dimension to the pieces as a whole.
In attempting to teach myself how to make these look 100% proper I have a good amount of trial pieces that are available. Each one has a slight imperfection but is still something I’m proud of. I’m letting go of these pieces for next to nothing, if anyone’s interested in them. Each one still looks great on the wall, but under close inspection you might find a minor fault of my trial and error.
There are things that I have learned while making each one of these new pieces that helped to teach me how to make them 100% now.
I’m still offering photos on foamcore applied to driftwood as well. I just wanted to have another style available that I like just as much. Both methods showcase the photographs uniquely.
If you’re interested in owning one of my experiments please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you see one you like but would like it made to perfection, now that I know how, then please let me know. I am ready and excited to do so!
If you don’t mind, I’ll be posting more pictures of both my experiments and 100%ers throughout the day.
The one shown here is called The Search Party and was one of my first experiments into the plexiglass look.